I loved art when I was young, but when it came time for college my parents stressed the necessity of being able to support myself. After working for over 30 years in information management and statistics, I retired in August of 2007. In January of 2008, I decided to take up watercolor painting. My husband and I travel a great deal and I love to paint the people, animals, and sights that we see.
My work is almost entirely produced using transparent watercolors, leaving paper for the whites.
I hold signature status in the following watercolor societies:
- SWS – Southwestern Watercolor Society
- SWA – Society of Watercolor Artists
- TWS – Texas Watercolor Society, Purple Sage Brush
- WFWS – Western Federation of Watercolor Societies
- WHS – Watercolor USA Honor Society
I have been honored to be juried into the following exhibitions: